8.4.08

New Project

As I posted on the main page. I realized, thanks to HE Siubhan, that my original project, did not really fit the challenge. Fortunately, I had promised Salonge that I would embroidery an element of her heraldry on a cloak. We cut the cloak out the same night we cut out the massive cloak that HE Siubhan is embroidering! Althoguh she has her design on already, I think I can still finish before she does, as I'm probably only outlining and my embroidery will be a much smaller design!
I have decided on split stitch, a.k.a. opus anglicanum. According to several sites, including the West Kingdom Needlworkers spit stitch article, this stitch was very popular in France during the 15th Century. As Salonge's persona is based in modern day France during the 1400's this seems and appropriate stitch to use on her cloak!
Now it's just a matter of deciding how much I need to enlarge the pattern she gave me, getting it on the cloak and deciding on the thread to use! Then I can get started and hopefully finish in time for Viceroy, along with my 2nd blue linen sleeve, and weaving prizes for the Viceroy A&S Competition!

No comments: